BUILDON BLOCK BOND is a versatile thin jointing material for laying AAC blocks, fly ash bricks, concrete blocks etc. BUILDON BLOCK BOND is specially designed to provide stronger, much more durable bonding between the blocks and superior adhesive strength. It replaces conventional cement and sand mix mortar.
BUILDON BLOCK BOND is made from cement, graded sand and selective additives. The unique chemical combination enables (BUILDON BLOCK BOND) to more compact, thinner and more versatile. At only 3mm thick it is thinner than the conventional mortar which is between 12-18mm. It is ready to use so it is easy to use and also ensures the compaction of interlocking bricks making the bonds tougher and more durable.
A) SURFACE PREPARATION:
- The masonry units should be clean, with no loose particles or dust for better bonding.
- The surface must be structurally sound. Efflorescence & any other contaminant which could impair the natural bond should be removed.
- Surface defects such as cracks, holes or voids should be repaired prior to application.
- The surface of masonry units should be slightly wet prior to application of jointing Mortar.
- BUILDON BLOCK BOND jointing Mortar must be mixed with water thoroughly before use. It is advisable to use a mechanical stirrer for uniform mixing to save time, labour and for maximum workability effectiveness.
- Ensure that no powder is left unmixed at the bottom of the vessel.
- Use a clean vessel/bucket which does not have any hole or cut and add some water in the Buildon Block Bond
C) METHOD OF APPLICATION:
- Layout the wall where jointing Mortar is to be used and mark openings like door, windows or any Architectural appurtenances.
- Apply a thin uniform layer of jointing Mortar 3 to 4 mm thick on the clean & leveled surface of masonry units using proper trowel.
- Place the next course of masonry units on the evenly laid jointing mortar bed in proper line & level. Each masonry unit shall be properly bedded and set in position by gently pressing with the handle of a trowel.
- After placing the first unit, apply the jointing mortar of same thickness on both the sides of the unit, keeping continuous check for the line & level.
- Inside face of the masonry unit shall be buttered with mortar before the next unit is laid and pressed against it especially in case of bricks.
- Clean the excess material, if any immediately. Continue the procedure for the entire masonry work
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION OF BUILDON BLOCK BOND
|2||APPEARANCE||FREE FLOWING POWDER|
|4||WATER DEMAND #||25 – 30 %|
|5||TENSILE ADHESION STRENGTH @ 28 DAYS||0.8N/Sq.mm|
|6||HARD DRY #||24 hrs|
|7||POT LIFE||1 – 2 Hrs|
|8||SELF CURING #||YES ( NO ADDITIONAL WATER CURING IS REQUIRED)|